A meeting of Donegal County Council had to be halted today amidst chaotic scenes without a single motion being debated or passed.Councillors reconvened in the Lifford chamber this afternoon for their September meeting, which was adjourned last week due to time constraints.The controversy was sparked as councillors discussed a challenge by windfarm company Planree Ltd against Donegal County Council over wind energy provisions in the County Development Plan 2018-2024. Council members discussed the case during private committee sessions with senior management.Members of the press were asked to leave the chamber as discussions were in committee.Sessions were adjourned several times as tensions threatened to boil over.However, the fiery debate on the issue subsequently spilt into regular council proceedings. A failed attempt was made later in the afternoon to resume the council meeting and discuss the first motion on the day’s agenda.Fianna Fáil Cllr Michael Naughton raised a motion calling for the retention of the 9% VAT rate for the food, tourism and hospitality sector.An enraged challenge from Fine Gael Cllr Barry O’Neill led to Cathaoirleach Seamus O Domhnaill declaring that today’s meeting could not continue.A third meeting will be scheduled this month to deal with the unfinished business.Windfarm debate sparks chaotic scenes in council chamber was last modified: October 6th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
PM Narendra Modi, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and Bollywood actor Sunny Leone.Prime Minister Narendra Modi is surely the winner in 2014. Online Indians were most fascinated in 2014 by PM’s reforms and style, Yahoo India said in its 2014 Year in Review (YIR) report on Monday. Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani led the list of finance newsmakers.The report said Modi led the political top 10 list. Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley also featured in the list.”The slew of reforms and Modi’s efforts to improve diplomatic ties were of ongoing interest to Yahoo users. ‘Make in India’, the three magic words that constitute Modi’s mantra while abroad, made it to the top of the list of Biggest Financial Events of the year,” the report said.The YIR was based on users’ daily search habits and an editorial selection of what they read, recommended and shared most on Yahoo in India.Mukesh Ambani led the list of YIR’s 2014 Finance Newsmakers. Also on this year’s list are Apple Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Tim Cook, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Infosys CEO and managing director Vishal Sikka.”Coming to the nation’s most influential people, Mukesh Ambani makes a second appearance at the No.1 spot, with Tata Group boss Cyrus Mistry and Gautam Adani, chief of the Adani Group of Industries, making up the top three,” the report said.”Not surprising for a cricket-crazy nation, the game continued to dominate the most-searched sports. Alongside M.S. Dhoni and Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar – wielding a pen this time for his much talked about autobiography – featured among cricketers of the year,” it said.advertisementBoxer Mary Kom, who became the first Indian woman boxer to win a gold medal at the Asian Games, clinched her position among the Brightest Sports Stars, as did fellow boxer Sarita Devi, who came in the same category.Sunny Leone was the most searched celebrity for the third year in a row. Deepika Padukone reserved her place among the top-searched celebs, with Alia Bhatt joining the list.
Newcastle target Everton defender Gibsonby Ansser Sadiq15 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United are attempting to bolster their squad in the winter transfer window.The Magpies know they must add numbers if they are to avoid relegation under Steve Bruce this term.The Chronicle says Lewis Gibson from Everton is one of their prime targets.The young centre-back is not a regular at the Blues, which could facilitate a winter loan move.The 19-year-old is frustrated at Goodison Park after being restricted to the under-23 side for the past two years.He is also said to have a relationship with the Longstaff brothers, who play for Newcastle.But the Liverpool Echo suggests a move may not happen until the summer. TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
It was another wild and wacky year in Toronto. From the horrifying to the astonishing, social channels like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter were filled with questionable photos, news of animal escapes and celestial events.Here’s a round-up of the most notable social media hits and blunders in Toronto from the past year.La Carnita’s InstagramPopular Toronto taco joint La Carnita sparked a social media storm after they posted a Donald Trump inspired photo on Instagram. The image that was captioned, “What if Donald said, “grab her by the taco…” was promptly removed followed by a series of apologies.Part 2. Once we realized our error, we quickly removed it. For anyone who saw it, know that we understand your anger— La Carnita Ltd. (@la_carnita) October 12, 2016Serpentine’s #BlackFridaysMatter sale Twitter LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Yorkville menswear store Serpentine didn’t see a problem with promoting their Black Friday sale using the #BlackFridaysMatter hashtag. Advertisement Login/Register With: Advertisement Facebook Advertisement
OSU freshman JaQuan Lyle (13) takes a shot over two UT Arlington players during a game on Nov. 20 at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio. OSU lost 73-68. Credit: Hanna Roth | Lantern PhotographerBefore the season, the meeting between Ohio State and Memphis in Miami, Florida, for the HoopHall Miami Invitational was seen as a premium nonconference affair.The teams have been mainstays in the NCAA tournament in recent years, led by a great deal of athleticism.However, for whatever reason, each team has failed to live up to the standards attached with its gaudy prestige this season.The Buckeyes and Tigers each came into the game 2-2, with a mutual loss to mid-major University of Texas-Arlington. The teams continued their shaky showings of the 2015-16 campaign on Friday, but Memphis ended up hanging on in overtime for an 81-76 victory.The game was an up-and-down ride for both teams, highlighted by turnovers and fouls.An 11-4 run early in the first few minutes of the second half enabled the Buckeyes to open up a nine-point lead, but, as a model of the inconsistency shown so far this year, a 14-2 run by the Tigers put coach Josh Pastner’s team back on top. That Memphis (3-2) run was highlighted by OSU turnovers on five of six possessions.The Buckeyes (2-3) answered back from there, clamping down on defense to take a four-point lead into the under-eight minute timeout.Not to be outdone or buck the roller-coaster trend, Memphis answered with a 9-0 run to grab a five-point lead with just over four minutes left.OSU later found itself trailing by three with under a minute left, but a 3-point make by sophomore forward Keita Bates-Diop knotted the game at 75.The Buckeyes forced Memphis junior forward Shaq Goodwin to miss a turnaround jumper on the ensuing possession, giving the Scarlet and Gray the ball with a seven-second difference between game and shot clock.Lyle airballed a floater with the shot clock expiring, which was caught by Goodwin, who immediately launched the ball the length of the court after losing track of the game clock.Goodwin was whistled for a travel on the full-court heave, but a review found that the shot clock went off before the rebound, giving the Tigers the ball. The shot as time expired fell short, however, sending the game to overtime.The ability for either team to put the ball in the basket largely disappeared in overtime. Goodwin hit a jumper early and the Tigers did not hit another shot, but that turned out to be all they needed, as that first made shot never came for the Scarlet and Gray in overtime, sealing the loss. OSU missed all five of its shot attempts in overtime.For the game, OSU coughed the ball up 19 times, compared to Memphis’s 15 turnovers. OSU also committed more fouls, 28-22.Despite its inconsistency, OSU was rescued by a star performance from freshman guard JaQuan Lyle, as well as a pair of sharpshooters off the bench.Lyle led the way with 18 points on 8-of-14 shooting, while also chipping in eight assists. He received help in the second half from redshirt sophomore guard Cam Williams and freshman guard Austin Grandstaff, who combined for three 3-pointers in the latter stanza when the momentum was shifting away from the Buckeyes.Memphis was kept alive by its dominance at the free-throw line, hitting on 28 of 36 shots at the charity stripe. Goodwin and senior guard Ricky Tarrant Jr. led the way at the line for the Tigers, hitting nine and 14 shots, respectively.Goodwin was also the leading scorer for the Tigers with a career-high 23 points, hitting seven of 10 field-goal attempts as well as all nine tries at the line. However, he was hindered by foul trouble throughout the second half.Junior forward Marc Loving was the leading scorer for the Buckeyes behind Lyle, scoring 17 points, including a pair of 3-pointers. For the game, the Buckeyes were 9-of-22 from beyond the arc, but just 11-of-19 from the free throw line, continuing their struggles there.The Buckeyes’ bid to end their losing ways is unlikely to get any easier, as they are next set to host No. 12 Virginia on Tuesday at the Schottenstein Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Related Items:go out and vote, Jas Walkin leaves classroom and enters political arena Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, October 1, 2016 – Just Another Soldier is the mantra and the acronym for Jas Walkin of North Caicos who on Thursday officially announced that he is going at large as an independent candidate and that his move is more about change, than it is about winning in the next General Election.“I have found that too many Turks and Caicos Islanders have been let down by simply a change in government, what we need now is a change in governance, so I can garauntee you that as an independent member of parliament, that I will affect change, and the first thing that i’m going to do is, I’ve never hide this from this country, my desire and my vision for this country is to help coalition government, and i’m gonna do everything that I can to run with that kind of government.”Jasmin Walkin is well known as an over comer, outspoken and passionate, he is an educator and says he is exiting the Raymond Gardiner High School classroom to do what he has always taught his students to do, with his slogan ‘reporting for duty.’ “I want every home in this country to report for duty. I want every voter in this country to understand that the stakes are too high to stay at home. I want every voter to understand that this country is under siege, this may be our last stand. We must report for duty.” Jas was introduced by his wife, the ceremony guided by his sister and it happened at the Occasions Ball Room at Airport Hotel with a healthy audience in support, cheering him on. Some were dressed in army fatigues, as was Jas complete with a military beret. “Because the one thing this country need is just another soldier, so those are the people that I expect to go to the poll.”It was an impressive roll out and included Walkin’s first manifesto, he said; that document in booklet form is called The TCI Road to Success, and Jas said it gives his vision of a Turks and Caicos built without crippling and costly shortcuts. The announcement by Jasmin Walkin came at the 40th anniversary of a transition in TCI Politics brought on by the country’s only national hero, the late Right Excellent JAGS McCartney.